These are a collection of great tasting sandwich recipes that will keep you going on the hiking trail. We like to take sandwiches with us on the longer hikes that we do, and it's really nice to have something good to eat when we reach that lake or waterfall. And of course, it gives us more energy for that return trip to the car!
I have to admit though, that we usually take peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, (or something similar), and even though they're good, they get boring after a while. So, I decided to start trying some new sandwich fillings so we could eat something more interesting on our hikes than peanut butter and jelly. And I thought I would share them with you.
So, in no particular order, here are the new recipes that we've tried so far, and by the way, you can use whatever kind of bread you like. We like whole wheat bread.
1) Ham, (or turkey), romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, tomato slices, and mayonnaise.
2) Turkey, bacon, avocado slices, tomato slices, romaine lettuce, and mayonnaise.
3) Ham, Swiss cheese, avocado slices, romaine lettuce, mayonnaise.
4) Peanut butter, honey, banana slices.
5) Roast beef, Swiss cheese, tomato slices, avocado slices, mushroom slices, romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, mustard.
6) Turkey bacon, romaine lettuce, tomato slices, avocado slices, mayonnaise. Yes, this is a BLT with a twist, but it's good!
7) Turkey, one light baby bell cheese wedge, (any flavor), red leaf lettuce, roma tomato, guacamole. This can be eaten on wheat bread or Bagel Thins and was contributed by Jessica.
Anyway, as I said, those are the sandwiches that we've tried so far. I will add new ones from time to time, and in the meantime, do you know any good sandwich recipes that you'd like to share? If so, please send them to me through my contact form, and I will give you the credit for them. Thanks!
Return from Sandwich recipes to Colorado Hiking Vacations home page.